Rex Swain's APL Information
8 November 2017
APL Language and Organizations
Free APL Interpreters
- 1969 - Scientific Time Sharing Corporation incorporated
- 1978 - Initial public offering
- 1979 - Name changed to STSC, Inc.
- 1981 - STSC public offering
- 1982 - Acquired by Continental Telecom Inc.
- 1986 - LBO
- 1992 - Name changed to Manugistics
("Proof that all the good names are taken" -- PC Magazine)
- 1993 - Manugistics Group, Inc. initial public offering
- 1995 - Manugistics
sold PC and UNIX versions of APL*PLUS to
LEX2000 Financial Reporting Software,
which then created a subsidiary named APL2000;
products renamed APL+ (to save keystrokes?)
- 1999 - Cognos
acquired LEX2000 and APL2000
- 2005 - APLNow LLC purchased the assets of APL2000 Inc. from Cognos.
APLNow LLC will do business as "APL2000".
STSC Alumni on the Net
For many years, I maintained a list of STSC Alumni and their email (no, not 666 BOX) addresses.
But the email addresses were often harvested by spammers, so I have reluctantly removed it.
In July of 2008 I created an STSC Alumni group on LinkedIn, which is a sort of Facebook for professional people.
Join LinkedIn and then join the STSC Alumni group.
- Free Tools for APL+Win Programmers:
A consolidated version of presentations made at the APL2000 Conferences from 2003 through 2006,
plus additional tools created since then.
See the Tool Talk page for PDF and APL+Win user command file.
Dyalog APL/W Tools and Utilities
- APL2 Emulation Utilities: apl2.dws
Contains the AXIS and NWISE operators (March 1996)
- "Migration From APL2 to APL/W":
vector.doc in Word 6.0 format; requires vector.ttf font
vector2.doc in Word 2003 format with embedded fonts
Appeared in Vector magazine, vol. 12 no. 4 (April 1996)
- VectorAPL font: vector.ttf
TrueType font used in VECTOR.DOC
You are visitor
since 4 May 1996
Copyright © 1996-2010 Rex Swain
Thanks to 3wVentures for supporting this site